The High Court of Delhi has declared written examination on Sunday December 13th 2009 for direct recruitment to Delhi Higher Judicial Service. The Delhi Judicial Service Exam 2009 will have two stage selection process included, Written Examination carrying 750 marks and Viva Voce carrying 250 marks. The written exams also include two parts, Part I) objective and Part II) descriptive.
The High Court of Delhi was established on 31st October 1966 with four judges including, Justice H. R. Khanna, Justice I. D. Dua, Justice K. S. Hegde, and Justice S. K. Kapur. The High Court of Delhi exercised jurisdiction not only over the Union Territory of Delhi, but in Himachal Pradesh also.
Syllabus for the written examination is as follows:
- Current Affairs
- Evidence Act
- Hindu Succession Act
- English Language and topics on Constitution of India
- Limitation Act Code of Civil Procedure
- Indian Penal Code
- Criminal Procedure Code
- Contract Act
- Principles Governing Arbitration Law
- Specific Relief Act
- Partnership Act
- Hindu Marriage Act
- Transfer of Property Act and Negotiable Instrument Act.
Pay for the members of this Service is Rs. 16750-20500
[Rs.37400-67000 Grade Pay, Rs.8900 in new pay scale]
A candidate shall be eligible to appear in the examination if he/she is
- Citizen of India
- Law Graduate from a recognized university
- Person practicing as an Advocate for not less than 7 years
- Person who has attained the age of 35 years but not less attained the age of 45 years as on 1st January 2009.
How to Apply?
A candidate can apply by following the below information:
1. Application form including the DHJSE Registration Form can be had personally on payment of Rs.1000/- each for General Category candidates and Rs. 200/- for SC/ST/PH candidates on any working day from 14/09/2009 to 14/10/2009 from the Filing Counter of Delhi High Court or by sending at his own risk.
2. A self-addressed envelope of 38 cm X 25 cm size with Postage Stamp of Rs. 60/- affixed on it along with Demand Draft of Rs. 1000/- for General Category candidates and Rs. 200/- for SC/ST/PH candidates in favour of Registrar General, Delhi High Court, New Delhi, payable at New Delhi, in an envelope addressed to Joint Registrar (Vig.), Delhi High Court, New Delhi, superimposed with words in bold letters, “DHJS EXAMINATION – 2009″.
3. The prescribed application form along with instructions and DJSE Registration Form will be send to the candidate(s) by Speed Post/ Registered Post only subject to their fulfilling above said requirements and no enquiry/ correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
4. Applications on the arranged form and the DHJSE Registration Form duly filled in along with copies of the requisite documents as per instructions should be sent by "Registered Post Acknowledgement Due" addressed to the Joint Registrar (Vig), Delhi High Court Sher Shah Road, New Delhi-110003.
5. Applications can also be submitted personally at the Filing Counter of Delhi High Court on 15/10/2009.
The number of vacancies to be filled in is 10 as follows:
- General : 05
- Scheduled Castes : 01
- Scheduled Tribes : 03
Last date for applying: October 15th 2009.
Joint Registrar (Vig),
Delhi High Court Sher Shah Road,
You can get more information about High Court of Delhi Here.
You Might Also Like :