KCP&L stands for Kansas City Power and Light. It is the company which serves the electric utility to the Kansas City metropolitan area. It is a wholly owned subordinate of Great Plains Energy Incorporated. KCP&L was founded in 1882. Due to their leadership in fuel procurement, plant technology and efficient power production and distribution, the company has become one of the Midwest's most affordable energy suppliers. KCP&L has evolved into a full-service energy provider and resource, operating from headquarters in Kansas City, Missouri.
Screen shot of Home Page of official website of KCP&L
About KCP&L : The company services in 47 northwestern Missouri and eastern Kansas counties to more than 820,000 customers. It has a service territory of approximately 18,000 square miles. For delivering this power, the company requires 3,000 miles of transmission lines, over 24,000 miles of distribution lines and 320 substations. For providing power to the customers and selling into the wholesale market, the company operates 15 generating facilities.
KCP&L Bill Payment Options:
Pay The Easy Way- Automatic Payment:
You will receive advance notice by mail that includes each month of the usage, balance, amount due and date. It is so easy to pay bills. Your payment will automatically be deducted from your bank account with without fees.
Budgeting Made Simple:
KCP&L's budget billing payment option takes seasonal peaks out of your bill for a more even monthly payment with no convenience fees!
Pay By Mail:
For this option you have to send check or money order (No cash!) along with bill stump to the following address.
PO BOX 219703
Kansas City, MO 64121-9703
Pay By Phone:
To pay your KCP&L bill with your VISA, MasterCard or Discover card or from your checking account KCP&L, call to the Customer Service Center 888-471-5275 and follow the prompt to use SPEEDPAY. For the Service provided by SPEEDPAY, You have to pay a $3.95 convenience fee per transaction to SPEEDPAY.
Pay In Person:
To pay the bill personally, carry your KCP&L bill and check, money order or cash to the location nearest you.
For Online Payment, you have to register for AccountLink. There is no charge for paying online. If you are registered for AccountLink and have a checking account, you can view and pay your KCP&L electric bill via the Internet right away. Simply complete the enrollment process for registration. Also, you have the option to stop receiving your paper bill. Once you have registered for online bill payment service (Web Pay), you can begin paying your monthly bill online. Call 888-471-5275 after making your online payment.
- You can register by completing the online registration form. You will have to provide your account number, user name, password and e-mail address. Your registration will be processed and available for viewing within an hour, (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays). A confirmation of your successful registration will be e-mailed to you.
Web Pay Registration Process:
- For this, simply you have to Login to the AccountLink system and select 'Add Bank Account'. This will open a form in which you can enter your bank information and begin paying online right away. On consequent visits you have to only provide your user name and password to access your account information. You must have an SSL (Secure Socket Layer) enabled browser such as Internet Explorer or Netscape for your security reasons.
AccountLink provides depth information about your personal account, such as:
- Online Payment - Pay one time or automatically with your credit or debit card, or through your bank account
- Bill Notifications - Receive e-mail notices when you are billed
- Bill Comparison - View side-by-side comparisons of current and prior bills
- Daily Usage - Track usage by day courtesy of our wireless meter-reading network
- Transaction History - View detailed, real-time account of your billing and payment history
You Might Also Like :
- How to pay Atlantic City Electric bill online at Atlanticcityelectric.com?
- Www.chugachelectric.com Bill Pay - Chugach Electric Billing & Online Payment
- Georgia power bill pay AT www.georgiapower.com
- RG&E Bill Pay Tips: How to make online Bill Payment?
- How to Pay American express Bill using Americanexpress.com?
- Time warner cable pay bill online - TWC Online Bill Payment