The official website of the New Jersey Unemployment Insurance Extension Program is www.NJuifile.net; this is a website of Unemployment Insurance Benefits in the State of New Jersey which is also the Department of Labor and Workforce Development. Benefits like temporary compensation to the workers who are meeting the eligibility requirements of New Jersey law are provided by New Jersey unemployment program. Each state unemployment office applies its own formulas and limits, when calculating the level of unemployment compensation that is why in New Jersey the value of unemployment benefits varies from that of other states.
On the home page of the website, you will find two options i.e. File an unemployment claim and Claim weekly UI benefits. The application is available from Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. (EST) to 6 p.m. (EST). For new or existing claim, click on ‘file an unemployment claim button. With the help of this website, you can file a new claim for Unemployment Insurance Benefits or re-open an existing Unemployment Insurance claim through Internet. You can use this application, if:
- You do not reside outside the United States
- You did not work for the federal government in the past 18 months
- You do not want to reopen or file an Extended Benefit Claim
- All of your work was in New Jersey in the past 18 months
- You did not serve in the military in the past 18 months
- You did not work as a maritime employee in the past 18 months
If you want to process your claim in a time, then for that you have to either enter your New Jersey driver's license number or Non-Driver Photo Identification Card number. Following things are also required:
- Social Security Number.
- Pencil/pen and paper.
- If you wish to have your benefits directly deposited to your bank, then your bank information.
- Employer information on all employer(s) in the last 18 months including: Name, address, telephone number, beginning and end dates of employment, and reason for separation.
- If you are not a citizen, then you will need your Alien Registration Documentation issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). This includes your alien registration type and number, country of origin, and your Employment Authorization Card or Permanent Resident Card if authorized to work in the United States.
How to file a claim?
To file a claim, you have to click on ‘file a claim’ on the page of File an unemployment claim. Then press ‘yes’ option, you will get login page in which you have to write online ID and password then press ‘sign in’ button. If you have forgotten your ID or password then press ‘forgot online ID’ or ‘forgot password’ respectively. For registration, press on First time user? click here option and write your full name, social security number and date of birth. After that, write your email address and telephone number. Then, create online address and password for this website and select security question and answer it. Lastly, identify the captcha and click on ‘Create my account’ option.
Unemployment benefits currently available in New Jersey: (in the month of October, 2009)
- At the moment, there are a total of 79 weeks of unemployment available:
- Initial unemployment benefits (UB – 26 weeks) – These are the regular unemployment benefits which are available regardless of the economy
- Emergency unemployment benefits Tier I (EUC Tier I – 20 weeks)
- Emergency unemployment benefits Tier II (EUC Tier II – 13 weeks)
- Emergency benefits will be paid by the same method as the regular benefits (direct deposit or check)
- Extended benefits (EB – 20 weeks)
- 13 weeks from bill H3548 – Note that this has not passed yet
You Might Also Like :
- Get Indiana Unemployment Vouchers & Uplink Access on In.gov/dwd
- Safeco Insurance Claim and review & Agent Login guide
- Axis Bank Careers at www.axisbank.com jobs
- How to pay Atlantic City Electric bill online at Atlanticcityelectric.com?
- TaxSlayer.com: e-Filing of taxes Made Easy!
- Skoda Shield Specification leaked